2013-03-16

So much to do, so little time.

So for all of you who did not know, I got a job. My projects scream to me everytime I walk in the garage, but I carry on hoping I have some time to finish them soon.
My latest one, is an old desk I picked up for $5 at some Presbiterian Church. I primed it and gave it 2 coats of paint last week, and it is now waiting for its third coat and glazing.
This particular project is for my daughter Brenna's room.


Hopefully I can be done with it by next week.

I finally received my tack strip on the mail for my couch so I hope to get to it before it gets spiderwebs all over it! I am going to have to just do it one day, since I do not have lots of time now.

Then last week was my birthday, yay!. And my mom got me a Ninja processor! I was so stoked! I have wanted one of these forever.
So now I am on a dip kick, today I made 2 for lunch, cilantro hummus and avocado dip. We devoured them. I love my Ninja!

Here is the Hummus recipe

2 cups garbanzo beans or cans
1 tbs tahini or almond butter
2 or 3 small sweet peppers , red or yellow
1/2 cup cilantro leaves washed
3/4 cups lemon or lime juice ( I like mine pretty lemony you can do less if you like)
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and garlic powder to taste
Most hummus recipes use raw garlic, I do not eat raw garlic so I use powdered, you can substitute if you like.
Throw all this in yourt Ninja, if you have one, or any other food processor and enjoy!!
I love this!

For the avocado dip I did

4 avocados
3 tbs sour cream
1/2 cup lemon or lime juice
salt

Here is my delicious lunch for today! Did I already say I love my Ninja!
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment