2013-03-30

And ...Mother Nature decided to behave.

Sooooo it has been a while!! These last few weeks have been busy! Glad spring break is here and I do not work Monday!
Today was a beautiful day, and I took full advantage of it by working on my backed up projects. I was finally able to get done with one desk and started the other one.
Utah weather has been so erratic lately, I had to wait several days between coats of paint to avoid cracking, since today we got up in the 60s, I was able to do it .
Here is the little desk I have been working on for Brenna's room. I got it for $5 a few months ago along with another one I will work on next week.

This one was pretty beat up , had no handles and needed some sanding, I gave it 2 coats of primer and then I used 4 cans of Krylon Watermelon spray paint, finally after a week of waiting I was able to glaze it today and I found some cute handles at Home Depot for $1.79 each. I also gave it 2 coats of Polycrylic on the top for protection. It is a nice heavy desk and I think it turned out super cute! Brenna is so excited to add it to her bedroom, she has been waiting patiently.


So happy to be done with this! Now while this one was drying I started sanding and priming my second desk which was also $5 and I will redo it for my boys' room.
I am going to try a crackle tecnique on this one so stay tunned!
Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment